Order your Sainsburys online groc.. and have your groceries hand picked and home delivered at a time that suits you. The same great Sainsbury’s quality, freshness and choice every time from a brand you can trust.
Sainsburys online grocery delivery:
- Sainsbury’s grocery shopping service currently covers 88% of the UK mainland and we also offer our service from selected stores in Northern Ireland.
- Sainsburys deliver your grocery order from a store local to you. These stores are allocated based on your postcode.
- Sainsbury’s are constantly looking for ways to improve their grocery service and would like your feedback. If you would like them to deliver to your area, register your details on sainsburys.co.uk. they will then let you know in the future if their grocery service is extended to cover your area.
Sainsbury delivery charges
- There is no minimum order value on any grocery order and Sainsbury’s delivery charges vary depending on the slot that you book. These are subject to availability.
- All orders below £40 are subject to a standard £6 ‘delivery charge’, which includes selecting, packing and delivery of the goods.
- Grocery orders of £40 and above will qualify for the variable pricing of delivery slots (from £3.50 to a maximum of £5.50).
- You can get free delivery when you spend over £100 for deliveries on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Sainsburys delivery times
- Sainsburys can deliver your grocery order to you in 1 hour timeslots seven days a week.
- Delivery times vary according to where you live. Once on the website enter your postcode and you can view the delivery slot options available in your area.
Receiving a Sainsburys delivery
- You or someone aged 18 or over on your behalf must be available to receive, inspect and sign for your grocery order. Sainsburys will not be able to leave goods unattended under any circumstances.
- To take the best care of your shopping, Sainsburys pack your frozen and chilled goods in separate bags and keep them at the right temperature. Your shopping is then delivered in special vans with temperature-controlled compartments.
- Sainsbury’s will always deliver your order to the front door of your house or to the communal entrance to your block of flats. Their drivers may also deliver beyond this into your home. Their ‘providing a safe delivery’ section below sets out more.
- Siansburysdelivery service does not include a detailed check of your shopping. However, if you have any queries, you are welcome to call their customer helpline on 0800 328 1700.
- It’s advisable to let them know as soon as possible if you are not able to be in to receive your delivery.
- If you are out for the time of your scheduled delivery, or are unable to meet their driver in your workplace within a reasonable time, they reserve the right to charge our standard delivery charge for re-delivery. Their ‘providing a safe delivery’ section below sets out more information.
- If you have not contacted the Sainsburys Customer Care Team on 0800 328 1700 within 24 hours to rearrange a failed delivery, the order will be cancelled and refunded and they may retain the delivery fee.
- Please do not offer the delivery drivers tips as they are not able to accept them.
Providing a safe grocery delivery. The following information sets out Sainsburys current delivery guidelines.
- Sainsburys will always deliver your order to the front door of your house or to the communal entrance to your block of flats.
- The drivers may not be able to deliver to you if he or she has to transport your shopping an unreasonable distance because of parking or access restrictions.
- Drivers will not always be able to deliver beyond the communal entrance if there isn’t a lift, which transports the shopping beyond the first floor of the building (where the ground level is 0). If this is the case, the driver or a store colleague will discuss delivery options with you for subsequent deliveries.
- Sainsbury’s always aim to help our customers who need further assistance, where our drivers believe it is safe or practical to do so.
- Please note that our service does not extend to unpacking your shopping from its bags.
- For deliveries to customers at a business address, sainsburys are only able to deliver to the ground floor communal entrance of your business, but are unfortunately not able to come up to your desk or place of work. If your business has a shared ground floor reception, this is the point to which they will deliver.
- Please ensure you are available to receive and sign for the order within your timeslot. Their drivers will wait a reasonable amount of time for you to arrive at the ground floor reception to collect your order but if you do not arrive, they may need to leave without delivering your order. While Sainsburys may be able to organise a redelivery for a subsequent time, they may need to charge for this redelivery.
For further information on Sainsburys delivery service please visit their website: http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/